Legendary Groups Prefab Building System involves constructing your homes structural components in a controlled factory environment before assembling them on site in just 2 days. Here’s an overview of the typical steps taken to ensure we design and construct the perfect prefab home for you.
1. Initial consultation: The process begins with a discussion between the client and Legendary Group to determine design preferences, budget, and specific requirements. Then we choose to either go with a predesigned plan or a custom home build. Once the choice is made, preliminary floor plans and elevations are provided along with pricing for approval.
2. Design: Our BCIN draftsman creates detailed plans, including foundation details, floor plans, elevations, and sections. Then our in house engineer stamps the timbers and roof panels.
3. Factory Fabrication: Your wall panels, roof panels and structural timbers are constructed indoors at our facility in Collingwood On.
4. Quality control: Rigorous quality checks and inspections are carried out during and after manufacturing to ensure that all components meet quality standards.
5. Site Preparation: The site is prepared by you and your contractor by constructing the foundation, subfloor, and decks to match the drawings. (Note: slab foundations are also acceptable)
6. Transportation: Once the prefab components are ready, Legendary Group transports them to the final building site.
7. Assembly: The prefab components are lifted and assembled on-site in just 1- 2 days. Then the stitching crew installs all the exterior doors and trim.
8. Exterior & Framing : Once installation is complete on site, your PM/GC can have their sub-trades start on roofing, soffits, fascia, and interior partition framing
9. Utility’s: While the exterior and framing are underway your Plumbing, electrical, and HVAC can be underway.
10. Interior Finishing: This is where you can really personalize your home. Working with your PM/GC, you can chose the style and feel of your new custom home.
The prefab home building process offers several advantages, including faster construction, reduced material waste, and the ability to incorporate energy-efficient features. It’s important to work with experienced prefab home builders who can guide you through each step of the process and ensure a successful project.